Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Work out or blog?

I'm finding it really difficult to work out on weeknights (also see resolution update blog post).  Take today for example... I got home around 5:15.  Let the dogs out, put dishes away.  Changed into sweats.  Updated credit card info on the easy pass account, paid a big chunk on the credit card (thank you federal tax refund!) and now I am blogging.  I totally get that I could go work out right now instead of doing this.  And I'm not trying to come up with excuses.... but I AM TIRED.  Working is exhausting.  I just don't feel like working out when I get home.

I even tried to motivate myself to get dressed and take a class at the gym.  There is a class at 7 pm.... but I am usually in bed by 8pm.  If I go take the class I won't be home until 8:30.  THen have to shower... it will be 9:30 or 10 before I get in bed.  ugh.

I really wish I could get up in the morning and work out... I am definitely a better morning person.  But my alarm already goes off at 5 am (and I get out of bed about 5:20... yes I know... 20 min right there I could be working out....)  In reality if I was going to work out in the morning I would have to be up and out of bed at 4:45.  10 min to change and wake up.  NOw I'm startin gmy workout at 4:55.  I could do a Jillian 20 min work out and be done at 5:15.  But seriously... who wants to be awake at 4:45 am?  Not this girl.

I am doing pretty good on teh weekends... I have been meeting up with a friend before my shift on Saturday mornings (oh yeah... I switched shifts at the gym... I now work on Sat morning from 7:45-1pm instead of Sunday from 1-6pm).  The shift change has been amazing not only because of the working out... but mentally it is really nice to be done with work on Saturday at 1pm.  I used to dred going to work on Sunday afternoon all weekend.  Now I don't have to worry about that!  This past Sunday I took a class at the gym and then went for an hour long walk around the harbour.

Antoher thought- I must find sneakers!  Tom and I looked at the mall on Saturday. We went into at least 6 shoe stores.  I wish I was kidding.  No one had the sneakers I want (the ones with the really flexible soles- I think they will be the perfect obstacle course shoes!) in my size for under 100 dollars.  Gonna check the outlets on our way to family game night in a few weeks.

Wow.  Clearly when I don't blog for a while my blog posts turn into one rambliung anicdote that covers lots of different topics.  Hope my line of thought is not too dilluted.....

I am open to thoughts and suggestions about working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment