Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chocolate Waffles

So for Tom's birthday we decided to use an Outback gift card we got for Christmas from his captain and go out to dinner.  Thursday after work Tom drove down to my school for basketball practice (more on that in another post).  After practice we changed and headed to dinner.

First round of drinks at the bar while we were waiting for a table... the girl was very sweet and said the first round was on the house (thanks to Tom's BCFD sweatshirt).  Dinner was delicious (cobb salad with grilled chicken for me, prime rib for Tom, and a bloomin onion to share).

The real treat for the evening though was dessert.... chocolate waffles with oreo cookie crumbs and vanilla ice cream.

I only finished one quarter of the waffle bc I was so full already.  I asked for a box for the rest of the waffle and the waiter tells me he doesn't think it will reheat that well.... I told him I would find a way to make it work.... and I did.  The next morning was chocolate waffles for breakfast.  Yummmmmm!



No comments:

Post a Comment