Saturday, February 4, 2012

100th day of school

Thursday was the 100th day of school!  I'm still not quite sure why the 100th day of school is such a huge celebration.. but in Kindergarten its a pretty big deal.  We had a rotation in the morning where the kids went to other classrooms to do 100 th day activities:

Froot loop necklace with 100 froot loops.

Hat (made out of a sentence strip) with 100 tally marks on it and a big colorful 100.

Hide the number 100 in a detailed picture.

Prior the the 100th day we decided to make t shirts for all the kids.  The idea was to have each kid bring in a  shirt and paint 10 hand prints on the shirt to make 100 fingers.  Luckily I have some really great parents so we had enough t shirts donated for the whole class.  I underestimated how expensive fabric paint is though.  For 7 bucks a friend at work got me a set with 3 colors of puffy fabric paint.  Luckily she had started her shirts on Monday and told me that she only for through 6 shirts with the paint she had. I was planning on doing my shirts on Tuesday so I had time to change plans.  We ended up painting the number 100 with the paint and having the kids smudge the paint with their fingers to make it wider.  Then we signed the back of the shirts with sharpies.  They turned out cute but I think the hand prints were cuter.... maybe next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment