Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shoes, shoes, shoes

For Tom's birthday I wanted to get him the new Jordan's.  Since I know nothing about buying Jordan's, I went to their website and printed out a picture of the newest released shoe, assuming it was the new one that all the hype was over.  I wrapped it in a shoe box and figured once Tom opened it he could figure out where we could buy them.

As it turns out, it was a good thing I didn't try and buy the shoes on my own bc the picture I printed was not the right shoe.  In fact, the right shoe apparently is sold out everywhere and I wouldn't have been able to get it anyway.  Have no fear, Tom's been online looking at shoes ever since so I'm sure he'll find something that he likes.  
This whole present prompted Tom to show me all the Jordan's that exist in our house, but I have never seen because they live in their boxes and never see daylight.....
We had to take this picture twice... the first time the shoes were not in the correct order of release.... 
These have been worn once or twice


Same with these... 



These ones have been worn.  Last summer these were his casual sneakers.  We walked into footlocker one day and the guy working there was talking to Tom and was like "I haven't seen those shoes since 1992."


This pair is the really special ones (or so I was told).  They have never been worn and will never be worn.  What you can't see in this picture bc of the lighting is that on the bottom of the shoe are all of Michael Jordan's accomplishments written into the tread.  They can't be worn for fear of scuffing the words.

1 comment:

  1. what is the point of buying shoes you don't wear? does he plan on selling them in 30 years or something?

    ReplyDelete