Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Nothing good happens after 1 am....

I haven't spent much time reading anything other than textbooks since starting a graduate program last year.  Part of this is because I love to read and can get a little obsessed when I am reading a good book.  In a Yankee swap gift exchange over Christmas break, I got a Barnes and noble gift card. I used it to buy The Help.

I watched the movie while we were in NY and LOVED the movie.  I will probably end up buying it and watching it 10 more times.  So going into reading the book my expectations were high.  I have to say, after the first few chapters I was still thinking that the movie might be better.  Then it got good.  I mean real good.

Last night Tom was on night shift and I spent my evening on the couch with a glass of wine and a delicious chocolate covered pretzel and my book.

 (side note: I love that Google chrome is automatically orienting my pictures the correct way as I upload them instead of keeping them how the original file is... thank you Google!)

Around 10 pm I convinced myself to go up to bed.  But I kept reading. 

At about 10:30 I talked to Tom and decided to finish my chapter before bed.

At 11:30  pm I actually put the book down and turned the lamp off.

At 11:40 pm, I was still awake and figured I might as well keep reading.

Around 12:40 am I had gotten through the next Miss Skeeter section (her parts are my favorite... I'm loving the romance between her and Stuart) and decided enough was enough.  I closed the book with only a few chapters to go and decided I had to sleep.

At 1 am I was still awake but did not start reading again.  Sometime after that I fell asleep.

At 5 am my alarm went off for my first day back to school in over a week.... what was I thinking?


1 comment:

  1. such a great book!!!
    i like the skeeter/stuart story line too!
    now i gotta buy the movie!

    ReplyDelete