Sunday, January 8, 2012

I work out so that I can eat...

On Friday we actually made it out for a run.  About 3 miles (a little break for a block or two of walking- Tom's request... not mine).  It felt great.  Plus it was about 50 degrees out so we didn't have to be all bundled up.  After the run, I did crunches while Tom called in our Chinese food order.  Yummmm.  I think the only reason I work out is so that I don't have to feel bad about consuming foods that might not be the best for me (but taste delicious).

Same thing happened on Saturday.... we headed to the gym at 7:30 am (after taking Tom's car to get his emissions tested... it passed... THANK GOODNESS!).  We ran for a little bit, about two miles.  Today's run was much faster.  Tom and I were competing for speed.  I topped out at 8 MPH for a half mile... Tom made it up to 8.5 MPH.  After the run we went to starbucks for breakfast.  Then I worked at the front desk from 9-1pm and Tom took a group fitness class at 10am.

At 1pm Hannah, Tom and I all headed to Mick O'Sheas for BRUNCH (which is in my opinion... the best meal ever).  I went with the Powerhouse Turkey sandwich and mimosas!

Hannah went with the mimosas as well!

Another friend showed up and the four of us had a blast.  I was the driver so I had a little less fun then the others... but a great way to spend the afternoon.  After checking out all their specials Hannah and I have plans to go back on Wednesday for 20 pizza and pitcher of beer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment