Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting my butt in gear

After registering for a bunch of mud runs a month or two ago Tom and I decided to hit the cold weather running pretty hard.... at least that's what we decided.  In reality I think we have been running  a grand total of three times since then... but hey its better than nothing.

One of the mud runs, the Spartan Race, posts a workout of the day and sends you an email at 10 pm each evening with the following days workout.  Most of the time I laugh as I read the ridiculously hard workout while I lay in bed.  However, Friday nights email (with Saturday's workout) actually sounded doable so I hit the gym Saturday morning to give it a try:

12 burpees
400 meter run
11 burpees
400 meter urn
10 burpees
400 meter run

well you get the idea... this nonsense kept up until you got down to 0 burpees.

I did it!  And this spurred me to get back on the workout bandwagon.  Sadly I was feeling lazy and unmotivated on Sunday and Monday... but this evening I was feeling like I needed to do something.  Here is today's Work out of the day.  I modified it to look like this (because lets face it... a 5 minute plank was not happening... and if it was... it certainly was not happening 3 times):

10 push ups
2 min plank
50 crunches

10 push ups
2 min plank
50 bicycles

10 push ups
2 min plank
50 leg lifts

All of this was accomplished while watching one episode of How I Met Your Mother on netflix.  Pretty successful evening.  Tomorrow I'm headed to my brothers house to baby sitt my niece, but I hope to go for a 3-4mile run on Thursday.  We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment