Saturday, December 24, 2011

Play dough!

Last year I attempted to make play dough and failed miserably.  I wanted to have my kindergarten class make candy dishes out of clay to give to their parents for the holidays.  I foolishly waited until the morning of the project to mix the flour, water and salt together.  Turns out the recipe I had sucks... and my play dough was runny and gross.  I had to steal real play dough from all of the other kindergarten teachers so that I had enough to make the candy dishes (bc I had foolishly told my kids about the project already so there was no turning back).

This year I got a recipe from a college that involved many more ingredients and looked much more legit.  I was ahead of the game.


Tom and I set out to make the play dough... 

And it was a success!


The kids really enjoyed the project... The only person who was a little upset was Tom.  Apparently it was not clear that he would not be able to play with the play dough after he helped to make it.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment