Saturday, December 24, 2011

I'm becoming domesticated

Sunday night.  Tom was at work.  I had just gotten home from working at the gym.  I set out to attack all the cooking for the week ahead.  I've done this a few times in the past and really love it.  It's so nice to get home from work on Monday and only have to microwave dinner.  This week was a little different however.  For what is probably the first time in our marriage... Tom and I were both going to be home for dinner Monday-Friday this week.  Between his work schedule and my classes I honestly don't know when the last time we were home together that many days in a row was.

In any event, he was off Monday-Thursday and on day shift on Friday, so we needed dinner for the whole week.  The other complication, Christmas is this week, so there can't be any leftovers because we are going to be in NY for the next week or so. Here was the menu:

Monday: Turkey Taco bake
Campbell's Kitchen Recipe

Tuesday: Crock pot chicken lasagna

Wednesday: Cheesy chicken and rice with broccoli
Campbell's Kitchen Recipe

Thursday and Friday: Leftovers

I got the turkey taco bake cooked on Sunday and got everything ready for the crock pot lasagna (so that all Tom had to do was layer everything in the crock pot on Tuesday afternoon).



A glass of wine made all of this cooking much more enjoyable!



No comments:

Post a Comment