Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas minus the tree

We still don't have our Christmas tree up!  Its doing a lovely job of decorating the basement, but not the living room :(  Last weekend I put out the rest of the Christmas decorations solo.  Tom was on night shift.  I got into the spirit a little bit, but still found it a little depressing to be decorating the house alone.

I refused to decorate the tree alone.  That would be too sad.  Plus, our Christmas tree is a little pathetic.  Actually, not a little, A LOT.  Its an old floor model from the Gap's decorations.  When I was working there, they got new trees and gave the old ones away to employees.  Half of the branches fall in a downward direction instead of being perky (probably from kids all hyped up on holiday treats trying to climb the trees in the store).  I did get a lovely box of handmade ornaments from when Tom was little that I am dying to get out and on display.  Maybe we'll decorate tomorrow morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment